Welcome to Aura Holistic Counseling!
If you found us, it must mean you are now motivated to find solutions to one or more of the following:
- Personal Trauma
- Sexual Issues
- Relationship Issues
- Family Issues
- Spiritual Issues
Here at Aura Holistic Counseling, we aim to help you in any way we can by providing the following:
- Couples Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Individual Counseling
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing)
With over 20 years of experience, our licensed therapists have specialized knowledge in the following:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Bereavement Counseling
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Holistic Therapy
- Humanistic Therapy
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy (PET)
- Structural Therapy
- Our licensed counselors have specialized experience and skill working with Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer or Questioning, and Asexual populations.
- All of our services are provided to anyone of any race, culture, religion, sexual orientation, sex, and political leanings.
- For questions regarding cost, insurance, and scheduling, please call us at (804)-346-4304.
- For the comfort of our clients, we do not accept walk-ins.
Therapy to help clients manage issues related to mental health diagnoses such as anxiety, depression, and Post Traumatic Stress, as well as social issues, grief/bereavement, trauma, and stress.
Relationships – Couples/Marriage Counseling
Therapy to help those in relationships manage stress, disputes, troublesome dynamics, and/or irreconcilable differences. Inclusive of all genders, sexual orientations, Ethnicities, cultures, & races.
Family and Group Therapy
Therapy to help those in family units and/or Groups/Teams manage disputes, stress, communication, and troublesome dynamics. Inclusive of all genders, sexual orientations, cultures, races, and ethnicities.
Hypnotherapy is a form of counseling in which a certified hypnotherapist induces a trance like state in which you remain in control, but you are extremely focused on the issue being discussed, similar to some who play video games.
EMDR stands for (rapid) eye movement desensitization and reprocessing. It is considered to be an evidence-based practice in which a certified specialist helps you reduce – or even eliminate – challenges you currently face as they relate to disturbing events you may have experienced.
If you’re looking for a certified relationship consultant near you (in the greater Richmond VA area) or even a sex therapist near you, this is the right place!
Benefits of Professional Sex Counseling
You Can Expect the Following:
- Increased communication skills regarding sexual lifestyle
- Setting healthy boundaries
- Mindfulness techniques
- Education regarding sexual health
- Support during gender re-identification
- Support, education LGTBQ related issues
- Medical Health Issues and Intimacy related education and support